Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2nd week Visitors Pt3

Eggs benny for Megs
  Megan, Nick, Courtney, Dave and I decided to try the bustling cafe right next door, Yaffa Cafe.  I can see their patio from my bedroom window and on the weekends their brunchers always make quite the commotion.  It was pretty damn delicious... although we opted out of the traditional Mimosa brunch combo, Megan and Courtney were driving back to DC and I was plenty good with just plain eggs. 
lox and chive omelet for me!

I walked the girls to their car and discovered an amazing little flea market in a corner lot on 11th and ave A.  Score!  I went home to drag Nick back here.  Books, clothes, jewelry, shoes, electronics, belts, pretty much anything.  I bought a necklace.  I haggled down from $10-$7, woot!
flea market discovery

 I decided to take Nick to Union Square and wander a bit before he had to get to the airport.  I hadn't been there during the day yet and I discovered a few things in the light...  including the fact that Nick will pose for my photos, yaay!
Elephante in Union Sq
Elephantes galore.  Then I bid Nick ado and sent him on his way in a cab.  I think he made it to his flight on time... hope so!  I walked back along Broadway and stopped in at a Walgreens to get some supplies...

...roach spray and toilet paper.  I settled in at home, clean furiously and ordered up some local chinese... wonton soup and pork friend rice, they guy was at my place in 2.3 seconds... Great end to an awesome weekend with good friends, old and new!  I love this town.
Thanks for visiting Nickolai!
pretty trees at Union Sq

Tompkins Square Park

wonton soup take-out.



2 comments:

  1. I just read your blog for the first time, Jamie. It's great!! It kept my attention(mine is as short as fly) the whole way through. Keep em' coming!!
    Sincerely, Dan Caplan

    ReplyDelete