Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2nd week Visitors Pt2

Jogging along the East River
SATURDAY, MARCH 17th...  So I stayed up later than I had wanted to and now that I'm officially old my body won't let me sleep in when I drink... so that equals a terrible terrible headache.  Megs and Coco are driving in from Long Island and it's St. Pattys Day!  I can't waste the day being hungover, too much I'd miss out on.  So after about an hour or so of tossing and turning in bed, feeling pathetic, I said what the hell, it's a beautiful day, I'll sweat it out!  I got dressed and ventured out onto my first run in NYC.  Dave's brother Dan had told me about how close the East River bike path is from my apt so I ran east.  Passing A, B, C and D, I found the path.   My head was bumping but the fresh air felt great and it was a beautiful sight.  Bridges and buildings and boats, oh my!  I turned on my little Runkeeper app to impress Jay and started running.  It felt great.  I ran from about 8th St to 32th St.... & back...total from my house around 3.5 miles.  I grabbed that sleep deprived hangover by the throat and threw it over the side of the East River.  I'm going to try to do that everytime I'm complaining about not being able to sleep in, at least here in NY.  If I'm going to start training my body to run on less sleep, might as well stop bitching about it.
People exercise in NY too!
Empire State of sweat.
 Time to seize the day!  Nick was barely alive on the couch when I got back.  I showered and Megan and Courtney we're at my door!  Let the festivities begin!!  On my run I noticed the hooligans in green starting to come out of the woodwork.  The four of us watched the end of the Syracuse tourney game at Hop Devils bar, on my block, we won, I downed Nick's coconut water and my brain loosened from the hangover vice completely!  After the game and one crowd let out, we took a couple seats and watched the bar fill up again with green heads.  We started to realize that this may be the one night of the year we actually want to get out of the East Village... it was getting nuts. 
Coco, Megaroo & all-class Nick
Greenery filling up.

 We rested up some at my apartment and Mike Kelly came over from Jersey!  It was a lil reunion!  We started hitting the town, looking for no lines and no crowds in every bar but to no avail.  So we did probably the most opposite thing you can do in NYC on St. Pattys; we went to Sushi!  We found some spot upstairs in Astor Place (NYU area), it was decent, and we loaded up on beer and saki to get our buzz back.  Dan Borrelli, his friend Mike, & Dave joined in the fun.  They convinced us to go to Williamsburg to a rooftop bar called Barry Park.  First time in Brooklyn for me and it didn't disappoint!  I was drinking savignon blanc with the gluttard and the weather was fine on the roof.  Even had a pretty decent view of the city!  I'm not sure what happened exactly, but we all had to go downstairs and it was also another awesome surprise, DANCE PARTY!  This place was like a giant warehouse and the DJ was working it!
Green Empire State building!!
Mike Kelly & Megs

 Benny was making everyone work the dancefloor like no joke!  It was a good time had by all.  
A few of us jumped in a cab to meet Marissa Kelly at my apt... She's a chef and just got off work!  It was really awesome to see her, but unfortunately when I got home and sat down, I couldn't get back up again and had to call it an evening.  I gave those crazy kids my keys and went to bed.  I'd say it was a pretty successful St. Pattys day, all in all!
My girlies at Barry Park, Williamsburg, where we danced our butts off!



No comments:

Post a Comment