Monday, March 12, 2012

PRE-JOB!

                          (THURSDAY, March 8th, 2012)
I woke up and got myself a delicious sausage, egg and cheese on a roll from a local bodega on the corner... There are these grocery/deli/sandwich shops on just about every single corner of the East Village, and then maybe every other corner throughout the rest of Manhattan... bodegas... it's crazy!  They are hit or miss, but they all have great New York rolls... just can't get soft bread like that in LA.... not on the daily at least.  Syracuse Big East Tourney game was on at noon so I brought my sammie and coffee back to this sweet pad I call my home and relaxed on the couch... the game wasn't so relaxing as they barely pulled through in the last few minutes! 

Then i found myself ironically carrying home an awkward 17 lb box of sweaters, jackets and scarfs I sent myself, from the fed-ex half a mile away, in 70 degree weather.  Crazy weather!  Although it did drop to the low 30s that night, so I was grateful afterall...
I continued my leisure afternoon by shopping at boutiques on E. 9th St. (no luck) and getting my nails done (cheaply!) at one of the 5,000 nail places in a 14 x 5 block radius!  Nail places, laundermats, bodegas, ramen noodles restaurants and bars... that's the East Village! 
That evening I met Kyle and Doug at Republic Thai in Union Square... very crowded spot I hadn't walked through yet!  It was deelish and fun to catch up.  Classy Dave didn't have work the next day so we uptowned it to meet Dan at a tiny whiskey bar on 80-something st... We took the express bus uptown!!!  Wild, but I'm so glad we did as I was comfortable taking a cross-town bus to work today on my first day of work!  (to be blogged later...) 
Washington Square Park
1st subway ride -fancy flats made it far!

 We subway-ed it downtown (for my first subway all trip)... stopped in at a bar to pee and it started pouring!!!!  So of course we had to stay for a drink and wait for the rain to let up.   We danced our way home at the end of the night... p.s. Classy Dave (aka, my husband away from husband) amazingly lives around the corner from me in the EV!!!  We are partners in crime... He helped find me a sublet, being my eyes and ears in NY while I was on the computer in LA... Thank you DAVE!!!!

1 comment: