Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2nd week Visitors Pt1

Beers and Wine in the Flat Iron w/ Dave & Kyle!
 We'll start this lil blog off with a mid-week meetup of sorts.  I met Ms. Kyle Silveri at a Rye Bar in the Flat Iron/Chelsea district after work.  We had yummy apps, perogies and sampled some fine beer and wine.  Mr. Classy met us and we moseyed over to another bar where I drank my first Brooklyn lager... not too shabs.  We discussed topics of finance and trade.
Asian Tourist pose

  



It's Friday night, March 16th.  I have two girlfriends coming into town for St. Pattys day and staying with me, woohoo Megan and Courtney!  Around 4pm I get a text from Nick Warren-Mordecai saying his friend bailed on him and could he crash in my bathtub.  Oy vey!  I have a huge apartment, so why not?  Full house mcGee.   I had a delicious italian restaurant recommendation from Kyle, her friend and my co-worker for the same place in the EV. Lil' Frankies!  Dan, Dave and I walked down there but it was packed and we were starved.  So we walked up to their brother restaurant, Franks', just a few blocks away.  It was very mild out so we opted to sit outside in hopes of getting served faster.  

Frank's rigatoni on 2nd Ave
We ordered mussels, their house rigatoni with meat sauce and Dave had gnocchi.  All very delicious.  Smaller portions than I would have thought, but no less than I really needed to eat.  Nick met us during dinner, fresh off the airplane from Hotlanta, GA, and ready to dive into some gluten-free behavior!  Dave's brother & Benny found us cruising around the East Village and we literally went to more bars that night that I have been all trip, well, maybe not.  But a lot!  I would take my jacket off and get all settled in one bar and everyone was ready to move onto the next... there are NO SHORTAGE OF WATERING HOLES in the village.  It was a lot of fun. 
Dan, preppy Nick & Dan Schwartzberg







No comments:

Post a Comment